June 1, 2007

30,000 and The Chicago Marathon and (#3)


When: October, 2001.
Who: Just me with Lesa in support.
Recall: I was scheduled to fly to Utah for a Sports Medicine conference and also run the Top of Utah Marathon in September, 2001 but the conference got canceled due to 9/11 so I scrambled to register for The Chicago Marathon. I was able to get in despite registering only a month before the race.I started out slow and then at mile 8 I realized I felt good so I picked up the pace and had one of my best long runs ever. One of the first races where my split times could be sent to Lesa's cell phone. Cool.
Overall: Great experience. Lesa and I stayed in a creepy hotel just across the street from the start but still had fun. Loved the atmosphere of the whole race from start to finish!
Rating: 5/5 carbs! (Every October since I get the urge to run Chicago)

No comments: