October 11, 2013

I Run Because My Introvert Is Greater Than My Extrovert


Back in August, the Huffington Post listed 23 signs your secretly an introvert. I think these 10 apply to me. Among other things, I think running helps me with numbers 5 and number 8.

  1. I find small talk incredibly cumbersome. (I’m fine, the family is fine and the weather really isn’t that bad)
  2. Networking makes me feel like a phony. (Why do I even have a Linkin account?)
  3. Downtime doesn’t feel unproductive to me. 
  4. Giving a talk in front of 500 people is less stressful than having to mingle with those people afterwards. (So true!)
  5. I start to shut down after you’ve been social for too long.
  6. I’d rather be an expert at one thing than try to do everything. (If only I was an expert at one thing…)
  7. I actively avoid any shows that might involve audience participation.(It makes my skin crawl just thinking about it)
  8. I have a constantly running inner monologue. (So I like talking to myself.)
  9. I look at the big picture.
  10. I’m a writer. (Or, I wish so)

Not all these apply to me but some are spot on.


3 comments:

YPR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
YPR said...

Well I'll be, . . . I'm an introvert too. Run 16 miles with a torn hip flexor - bring it on. Attend a ward dinner and stay for the program - can I tear my other hip flexor instead?

YPR said...

Well I'll be, . . . I'm an introvert too. Run 16 miles with a torn hip flexor - bring it on. Attend a ward dinner and stay for the program - can I tear my other hip flexor instead?