October 28, 2007

Mattoon Half Marathon (and Ogden Marathon)

Back in Black...my toenails, that is.



A week after the Indianapolis Marathon, I tried to redeem myself at the Mattoon Beach Multisport Half Marathon. The weather was blustery with temps in the 50s and stiff winds so I decided to wear my long sleeve shirt from the Ogden Marathon. While I was standing at the starting line a lady came over to me and she was wearing the exact same shirt! She teaches athletic training at Illinois State but her parents live in Logan. Of all the place to see someone else in an Ogden Marathon shirt, I won't have guessed it would be in Mattoon, IL.

We ran together for the first 3 miles. I started out a little faster with the wind and my back and slowed down with the head wind. I don't know why the graph shows such a drastic drop in pace at mile 8. A technological malfunction, I guess. I did feel good the last few miles particularly with the wind at my back. My legs were a little tight but other than that I felt much better than I did the week before in Indianapolis. It was nice having Lesa at the finish line since she wasn't able to make it to the Indianapolis marathon.

Next up? Tecumseh Trail Marathon on December 1.

1 comment:

YPR said...

You just keep doing it. I see a PR at Tecumseh! Will Dean be joining you this year?