November 3, 2007

500 miles and The Bend Bulletin

Back on October 6th I logged by 50 mile with my Nike Plus system. Here's my award. Cool, eh?


I have run 109 miles prior to that this year so my actual total was 609. As of today I'm up to 670 miles. That's about the same as last year. By this time in 2005, I had 820 miles and 856 in 2004. Slacker!

Other news. Last week I was interviewed by Markian Hawryluk from the Bend Bulletin about my article on The Physiology of Marathon Running in Marathon and Beyond. I'm not sure when it will run but I assume it will be soon. My article deals with the risk of running a marathon and, sadly, today a runner died during the US Olympic Qualifying Marathon in New York City. Ryan Shay was only 5.5 miles into the race when he collapsed. The speculation is that it was a heart problem, which is often the case.

6 comments:

paige said...

Lorin told me to tell you that he has run 610...but I think he meant 610 "feet," not miles. Not to mention any running he did would just be up & down the halls at church when he takes Polly out. :)

emetski said...

Wow. 670 miles, 856 miles.... I'm impressed. The article is well done. I notice that you didn't give Joseph Smith an acknowledgment in your section on hyponatremia with the advice to "drink in moderation"

Unknown said...

Where did you get that list of references? Can you buy a list like that or did you really read all of those articles? Anyway, I thought the article was well done but I am afraid it will still not be able to entice me to try running a marathon - walking to and from the car is about all I can get done (skiing excepted, if Beaver ever opens this year.)

Anonymous said...

33191.....3174

Anonymous said...

8453.....28981

Anonymous said...

Excuse me guys and girls, could someone please help me out? I come here another day by using yahoo but now can't discover once more the post I was reading that time . And before someone asks, no I am not blond merely not that great with pcs hehe.
Kiss :)

I have a site about
[url=http://irights.info/index.php?q=node/847]vorgetäuschte abmahnung[/url] and if anybody is truly interested in that idea I believe they will take a look at it.