May 23, 2009

Just Mostly Dead at Mile 11, Not All Dead.


Between miles 5 and 7, and before acute neuromuscular failure kicked in, I felt a strong urge to run The Top of Utah Marathon on September 19. I figured if I really trained and pushed my self I might have a chance of breaking 4 hours...or maybe not. My PR is at 4:07 but I had Ben pacing me. I'll have to check on airfare before I can know for sure. 

What got me going at the end of my run? A nice downhill stretch along with Chris Isaak's cover of I Want You To Want Me. Time for some Powerade and banana bread.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Apparently you survived or we would not have had your post to read. Our wish still is for you to be able to do whatever you want with as much success as you deserve! We will keep oour fingers crossed concerning the TOU in September.

Tom said...

"The chocolate helps it go down" or DP, or Chips & Salsa, or....