April 27, 2013

My Morning Run, Temple Trip

No actual run today. After my last day of classes, I tried to get a run in yesterday afternoon but that was a failure. My legs were too tired from Thursday's hills. After my recovery nap, Lesa and I drove to St. Louis. We ate at 5 Guys, of course. It must have been new because they forgot our order and the patties were thicker and smaller than usual. Still delicious. Our hotel was, well, not delicious. The Extended Stay America near the STL airport is a good deal but just barely. As Lesa said, the sign in out non-smoking room should have read "Thank-you for not smoking... anymore".


Saturday morning we anxiously left the hotel, drove straight to Panera for bagels, and then to the temple to help with baptisms for the dead. At the temple ran into President and Sister Bankhead. He joked about us being called as temple workers. Good one.

Bishop Gosnell drive home with us. He asked how I liked not having a calling. I didn't dare answer him, but he truth is....

We followed a weak rain storm home so the lawn mowing, like the long run, will have to wait until Monday.


No comments: