November 21, 2011

The Illinois Half Marathon, April 30, 2011.

I don't know why it took so long but finally, after getting a new laptop, I get this posted. Despite a busy senior year year Erin was able to put in the training necessary to easily run her first half-marathon in Champaign, IL. I was honored to run it with her. A little windy and chilly but not bad running weather. Of course, the course is flat since it's in Champaign, really mostly Urbana. You have to run the full marathon to see more of Champaign.



Actually the half-marathon was just the beginning; that night was her senior prom. The weather was just a little cool and breezy. Lesa, as usual, was excellent in support finding us at mile 7 and there to greet us at the finish. I just wish I looked at good as Erin does in these pictures.

Erin setting the pace.

Erin still able to smile at mile 12.

 The end is in sight.


Erin out sprints the fat old man to the finish.

Proud papa.

2 comments:

Molly Seawright said...

CUUTE! You kids... You're nice to let the little one win :)

Lesa said...

So much fun and I'm so proud of both of them!