November 22, 2011

Indy Monumental Half Marathon, November 2010.

I almost forgot about this one. Beginning in the summer of 2010 I began training for a fall marathon. I decided upon the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon on the first Saturday in November. It's one of the few fall marathons on a Saturday in the Midwest. I got an 18 mile training run in while in Logan for dad's funeral but after that I wasn't able to get the miles in that I needed so I dropped down to the half marathon. 

Since it was a half marathon and only 2 hours away, I drove over that morning, picked up my packet, ran the 13.1 miles, and drove home. It was a little chilly but not bad. The course was okay but I hear the second half is worse so the full marathon my not be in my future. Still, Indy is a great city to visit and fun to run. 

My though from the start was let's just get this 13.1 jog-fest over with.

Running past on of the monuments.

Pushing to the finish. 

 Done. Time to go home. 

1 comment:

YPR said...

Turned ankle or arrow in the thigh? I'd take the turned ankle. Well done.