August 31, 2013

My Morning Run. Yucky Fifteen.

It was already in the 70s and muggy by the time I left the house a little after 5:00 a.m. Two miles out of town, I cut a corner to avoid an on coming car and twisted my ankle leaving me to stumble with out stretched arms alongside the car. I'm sure they had a good laugh but I didn't fall. 

It's hard to see but that's a shark in the middle of a large field. It gets decorated throughout the year.

Today is was dressed up as an EIU football player which was a good omen. Later than night EIU beat San Diego State 40-19! San Diego won the Mountain West last year, the same conference USU became a member of this year. 

An intersection west of town that I've run through many times. The horses didn't cause me to trip or any thing which was good because at this point, I doubt I would have been able to stay upright let alone get back up after the fall. 

Between my aching ankle (I had forgotten about twisting it early in the run and couldn't figure out why it hurt until the fog cleared and remembered my mishap) and the on coming heat, I called it quits after 15 miles. It was my last long run prior before the Top of Utah marathon and would have liked to run longer but I was never one to be all that serious about my training schedule. 

Any dew point above 65 is a bad dew point. 73 is not terrible but it's not great. 

My post-run sweat ran required me to "cool down" on the deck for a few minutes. This was my view as I looked skyward from my chair. Once the sweating slowed down, I showered and sat on the couch and watched college football until bedtime. 

No comments: