September 2, 2013

My Morning Run. Labor Day, 2013

Started my day with a 2.7 mile run in Kankakee. I had left my earphones at home but the night auditor at the Fairfield Inn gave me her new earphones that came with her phone. Talk about great service! This light house was near a miniature golf course I ran past. I don't think it's in service unless it guides all the trains that pass through Kankakee away from the perils of the putt-putt course.

After my run, Lesa and I drove to Chicago, rented a couple of bikes and cruised Lakeshore path for a couple of hours. It was a beautiful day with my beautiful wife. Life is good!



Go Bears!

Sears Willis Tower in the background

Buckingham Fountain in Grant Park. The lower cloud in the background was really cool didn't show up very well in the picture.

After the ride we recharged with a stuffed pizza a Giordano's. This is the view of the Chicago skyline from our table. The building furthest back is the Trump Tower with the golden topped Carbide and Carbon Building in front of it. I opted for this picture rather than the obligatory shot of stuffed pizza. 

No comments: