September 26, 2013

My Morning Run. Post-marathon

A flower bed of fall colors on EIU campus. Welcome back, autumn!

Top of Utah

Top of Utah

Last night I found out the Rocket City Marathon in Huntsville, AL forbids the wearing of headphones!
Kill joys! I run so I can listen to music. So I'm looking for another marathon to run before the end of the year. 
  1. St. Jude marathon in Memphis is sold out. 
  2. Tecumseh is a possibility but I'm not sure I have patients to run a single tract trail run and might prefer a nice flat road race. 
  3. The Indianapolis Monumental Marathon in early November is charging $100 to enter. Really? It's Indianapolis. 
  4. There's the Chicago Lakeshore 50K which is flat but it's three, out-and-backs. Although, it is along the lake and I hear Chicago has great pizza. 
  5. Speaking of Chicago, theres the Prairie State marathon in Libertyville, IL but it's only three weeks away. 

1 comment:

Erin van de Graaff said...

eee, you look so cute in those marathon pictures! Is that sweaty green behind you in the first one? PS - if you can't find a good marathon to run before the end of the year, I hear sometimes people just make their own. Crazy, I know.. But just a thought.