September 21, 2013

Top of Utah Marathon, September 2013 (#29)

When: September, 2013  
Who: Erin and Me
Recall"I'm running a marathon!" "It's my first one!" "I'm going to get a medal!"
Overall: Running with Erin, the great support team, and the beautiful course made it one of my top 2-3 marathons ever. 
Rating: 5/5 carbs   

Carbo loading the night before at Beehive Grill in Logan. 
Thank-you mom for the dinner!

1. My way for representing Illinois. Go Cubs! 
2. No one else would be wearing one so the support team could easily spot me.


A pep talk note from coach Molly. 

No fear.

Starting in the front row...not.

Kristin, Bill, me and Erin. Go Emmetts!

You couldn't tell it was her first marathon.

Lovely day, lovely day.

Beautiful course!

Erin, Lindsey and Kristin

Of all the gorgeous scenery the moon was most impressive.

Mile 22 and going strong!

"Hey, it's Tom, Shelly, Sam, Mac and Alex!"

All I heard over the last two miles was these two telling the world,
"I'm running a marathon!" 
"It's my first one!"
"I'm going to get a medal!"
And I loved every minute of it.

Welcome to the club, Erin. 

No comments: